What places can I stay at?
For those going without a tent or sleeping bag, any of the paid lodgings will be able to accomodate you. For those carrying just a sleeping bag, you may stay at any of the paid and free lodgings, and almost all of the official (numbered) pilgrim huts as they have roofs and benches. You may also be able to spend the night at some of the rest areas and michi no eki, but check the descriptions first. For those bringing a tent, many of the rest areas, michi no eki, and camping grounds listed here will be available to you.
Note: Just because a feature is not mentioned (washer/dryer, for example), it doesn't mean the particular lodging does not provide it. I try my best to provide the most accurate and up-to-date information. If you have any questions, or would like to make corrections or provide new information, please contact me (English, Japanese, Chinese ok). Any information would be much appreciated :)
Using this map on your mobile device
- Click the star icon below on the menu bar to save this map.
- Download the app for Google Maps (iPhone / Android), or make sure your Google Maps version is up-to-date.
- On your mobile device, open the Google Maps app .
- In the top left, tap the Menu > Your places > Saved Places. A map named "Shikoku Pilgrimage (Comprehensive)" should appear under "maps".
- You can now view map legends and use the toggle function to hide the map. To show the map again, use the menu to reopen the map.
- You can get directions to a place by tapping Directions
Use the menu on the left to filter by category: temples, paid lodging, free lodging, hot springs, etc.
* Prices may fluctuate.
Last updated on: Sep 16, 2016